www.pdhonline.com - Your Gateway to Lifelong Learning   |   Email: PDHonline@Gmail.com   
PDH Online Course Description PDH Units/
Learning Units (Hours)

Buy Now

View Course

View or Take Quiz


Construction with Large Stone

Vincent D. Reynolds, MBA, PE

Large stones are used in construction to serve as erosion control, dikes, dams, backfill, and harbor breakwater and other large structures. Large stone refers to the granular size of aggregate, that is averaging 3 in. or greater.

This 4 hour course will examine the use of large stone used under several different circumstances. Several different engineering uses will be discussed. Examples will be presented that would be useful to aid the designed in using the most effective layout of dams, dikes, breakwaters and other structures.

This course should be read by anyone with an interest in dam design, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulics, and hydrology or anyone wanting to know more information regarding construction with large stone. After reading this course the student would have furthered their knowledge regarding construction with large stone.

The course materials are based solely on the engineer manual “Construction with Large Stone” as found on the website of the Army Corps of engineers.

This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end, which is designed to enhance the understanding of course materials.

View Course Content

NY PE & PLS: You must choose courses that are technical in nature or related to matters of laws and ethics contributing to the health and welfare of the public. NY Board does not accept courses related to office management, risk management, leadership, marketing, accounting, financial planning, real estate, and basic CAD. Specific course topics that are on the borderline and are not acceptable by the NY Board have been noted under the course description on our website.

AIA Members: You must take the courses listed under the category "AIA/CES Registered Courses" if you want us to report your Learning Units (LUs) to AIA/CES. If you take courses not registered with AIA/CES, you need to report the earned Learning Units (not qualified for HSW credits) using Self Report Form provided by AIA/CES.